Friday, June 26, 2015

The causes of overshoot finally explained in detail




- The more I cut, the more the GdP goes up.

- I say: jobs, not branches!!
 - I can't stop cutting, but I can capture sawdust and sequester it into the tree hollow.
 - Do you really believe in this story of 'gravity'? I am not convinced at all.
- I am not a woodsman, but I say this: if this branch was supposed to fall, why do we see so many branches, up there? 
- The models of the branch mechanical properties are still too uncertain.
 - Such a small cut in this big branch, why should I be worried?
- I have been cutting this branch for quite a while and nothing has happened. Why should anything happen?
- Branches fall all the time; it is a natural phenomenon.

- It is just an engineering problem. They'll find something to keep the branch up.
- If we stop cutting, it will cost us more than the hospital bill for the fractures caused by the fall.
- The Pope? What does the Pope know about trees? He should stick to theology!



- .......................................


Who

Ugo Bardi is a member of the Club of Rome, faculty member of the University of Florence, and the author of "Extracted" (Chelsea Green 2014), "The Seneca Effect" (Springer 2017), and Before the Collapse (Springer 2019)